Friday, March 23, 2007

I eat out too much maybe

A friend gave up booze for Lent. She and I got talking about what I would give up for Lent, and I couldn't think of anything. I'm kind of a workaholic, but I can't really give up working for Lent. I waste more time than I would like, but if i'm lazy then I'm too lazy to give up being lazy for Lent. But today I realized what my vice is. I don't drink really, I only smoke a few times a month, but I eat out a lot. I eat out probably once a day on average, whether that's going out for dinner or just getting a coffee and bagel at Tim Horton's. It's the convenience of it, you see. I'm always on the move, if I'm home I'm typically working. So I eat when I'm on my way across town and realize it's four and I haven't eaten anything yet.

Today was that first glorious life-affirming day of the year. I walked home from being out all day and noticed that there was no snow on the ground any more (I later saw some in the top corner of a driveway in a spot where no sun gets to). On my way downtown, I called Shaun Downey and asked him to come out with me after my meeting. He could not, but when I got out of the meeting I called Kelly Grace and offered to take her out as a reward for her stellar success at the Art Expo. I was thinking something casual and light, that I'd spend 20 - 30 bucks for the two of us. We instead went to a sushi place and blew $70 without even trying. But it was fun!

And now some photos for no reason:




4 comments:

K-Star Hatter said...

the mirrors are fancy. i'm impressed.

Sean Ward said...

you should come look at those mirrors in person.

K-Star Hatter said...

you got it.

Z said...

YAY PETER